Thursday, June 02, 2011

[PSP] Gundam Memories: Memories of Battle


The current hubub is the impending release of Gundam Memories, the latest in a line of similar Gundam games on the PSP. I've seen several screenshots of it, and it really looks amazing! The graphics are very different from previous PSP titles; it seems to have a semi cel-shaded look and looks smoother than anything I've seen. I actually thought it was a PS3 game before I knew what it was.


But anyway, the special feature its touting is the "MS Shift System", which allows the player to choose three mobile suits in the beginning of the mission and shift between them during battle. I'm guessing it's basically like Marvel vs Capcom, where you pick a team of three and tag between them. The story mode will follow the stories of Seed Destiny, 00 (with Trailblazer), and Unicorn. I guess the main focus is on the very latest Gundam series.


Mobile Suits from these series will be featured:
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Z Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam Char’s Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam X
Gundam W Endless Waltz
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gundam 00 (including 2nd season)
Gundam 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer Movie
Gundam UC (Unicorn Gundam)


I'm happy with that list; all the best Gundam designs are represented. I'm excited about getting to play as some of my favorites (Wing Zero Custom, Nu Gundam, X) while trying out some of the new designs (00 Qan't, Unicorn). The last Gundam game I've played on the PSP was Gundam Battle Universe, and that game was very good. I suspect the gameplay will be basically the same, so I'm anticipating this title like crazy now! Its current release date is June 23rd (very close!). 


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin