Monday, July 08, 2013

New TV Series: Gundam Build Fighters



You may have noticed all the reports in the last few days, hinting at a big new Gundam announcement. Well here's the news: a new TV series has been announced. It's called Gundam Build Fighters, and it seems to revolve around gunpla. For more information, go here.

Now, I'm going to be honest: I'm a little disappointed. I skipped AGE precisely because it seemed a bit too kid-friendly. While I do plan on giving it a chance in the future, I didn't expect the next full series to be more of the same. Gundam Build Fighters looks to be a Gundam toy commercial in its absolute purest form. That's as much as I'll say since I don't want to judge too quickly.


Anyway, Gundam Build Fighters seems to be working off of the concept introduced in Beginning G, though it's been noted that the two are unrelated in any other regard. The one thing I do appreciate is the reappearances of several classic designs. Look, the Wing and GX are back (albeit slightly modified)! Other classic mobile suits are going to be making appearances as well, so that should be interesting.

So, as the Gundam franchise continues to look after a young, new audience whilst selling massive amounts of merchandise, I'll be here waiting on the last episode of Unicorn~



Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

  1. Gundam Build Fighters looks like a reboot of the Gunpla Builders OVA that was aired a few years ago. Can't have too much expectations out of this, but it might be interesting to see what customised Gunpla that the series may throw out. Could be cool, funny, or simply downright appalling.

    The HG All Gundam Project that was announced along side Gundam Build Fighters is good news for me though, as that means other Gundams and MS from other Gundam series (especially those outside Universal Century) that have not been made into 1/144 models recently will eventually be rolling out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see the new Wing Gundam Fenice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well looks can be deceiving so I'm not going to count this show out until I actually see it. I also find your comment on Age kinda funny because whatever my problems with that show, I can assure you it was definitely NOT "kid-friendly" lol. Some of the deaths were pretty gruesome even by Gundam standards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ultimately I think Build Fighters is a good thing for the Gundam community. Ever since the AUs started with G Gundam, fans have been at each other's throats over every new series. The only thing everyone can agree on is the quality of the models. So I see this as a chance for reconciliation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be funny if they introduced a dark twist like if the "game" they are playing was actually happening for real lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I was actually thinking the same thing, and I'm almost expecting it to happen. The battles will spill into the real world and bring about a weird cyber crisis, Digimon/Megaman Battle Network style.

      Delete
  6. Well.. it looks like the stakes are higher than in gunpla builders. If your suit gets wrecked in the game, it's wrecked IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First episode is up on youtube. Safe to say I like this series already. Seeing Freedom get its ass handed to it worth the price of admission alone. And Ramba Ral ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... The quality level on this show is amazing! Top-notch writing, animation and music. I also love how they emphasise skill rather than mobile suit ability. Very realistic.

    If this keeps up, it's going to become my new favorite Gundam series. Start watching if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot damn, this show is getting better and better every episode!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahahaha! I did not expect to see G-Saviour of all things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may give this series a shot just to see all these dang cameos...

      Delete
  11. Gundam Baseball!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Episode 15...manly tears...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This series has already surpassed my expectations. It's fun, not very dark, and has some incredible fights.

    I still love the newer and older darker series, but this is refreshing break from it. Some of the fights are downright awesome, with plenty of throwbacks and cameos of characters based on or from older and newer series alike. It's got something for every age of fan, even if it is aimed at a younger crowd.

    I look forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fans of 08th MS Team-style combat, Episode 18 is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Episode 20 was BRUTAL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seeing Exia trans-am vs F91 after-images was one big fangasm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thus it ends... Definitely one of the best Gundam series ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVED this series. I waited every week for the new episode, and now it's ended. I hope they make a seson 2, cause I need more!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin