Sunday, January 22, 2012

Megaupload Shut Down



This place (the United States) is supposed to be the most freedom loving place on Earth. Well, recently I feel like I'm living in a place that's secretly trying to turn into a police-state. If you haven't been living in a cave in Afghanistan, then you obviously know about SOPA and PIPA. There's no need for me to talk about that. Just know that at the moment, SOPA has been pulled back due to the internet's incredible backlash. PIPA is in a similar circumstance as well. So for now, we've won. For now.

The current buzz is the shutting down of Megaupload. It's not SOPA related, but it definitely gives me the same Nazi vibe. Basically, the FBI shut it down due to it being involved in illegal activities. That's basically what SOPA was trying to do, wasn't it? It was trying to shut down entire websites for what a few individuals were doing. Well it looks like the government can do that anyway! Megaupload is one of the biggest download sites, and my personal favorite. How the hell are they supposed to control and monitor what EVERY fucking person puts on the site? I'd normally give a more intelligent argument, but I'm just furious. No need for holding back. These people are FUCKING.NAZI'S. 


Though, you can rest easy because our revenge has already been taken care of. The internet's freedom fighters, Anonymous, took down at least a dozen government websites including justice.gov and every major website tied to the music industry. That was a moment of triumph. But still, Megaupload is no more. That means a ton of things I've hosted on that site will be gone forever. That includes some links I have on this blog. Sigh...I don't know what to say. I guess I just wanted to talk about the big current event. I have nothing else to say. Just keep aware of the events that follow, and support any protests that arise again. And don't worry, they'll NEVER win. It's a few asshole politicians against this ENTIRE generation. 

As a side note...anyone else find it funny that nobody gives a shit about starving children or raising awareness for diseases on a daily basis, yet when the internet is threatened, every fucking person alive jumps on the bandwagon. I mean, its understandable. Nobody cares about anything that doesn't directly affect them. I'll be honest; I walk past homeless people, and I really, really, really don't care about any starving people overseas. And don't be a hypocrite and tell me I'm horrible, because YOU don't care either. Be honest with yourself. Either do something, or admit that you don't care. Don't be a fake.





Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, and why don't they stop General Motors or any car company, their vehicles have been used for bank robberies and crime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's a lot of crime in general right? They should just end civilization then. I mean, all people do is do bad things right? It's only logical. *sarcasm rolls eyes fucking hate this government*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm on understanding that you're angry with the government for what it did i hated the idea of sopa and pipa just like you I cross my fingers and hope it wouldn't past and it didn't and I know what the government did 2 megaupload was wrong but that anonymous did revenge even worse than what the government did they just proved that they have threatened our national security by attacking government website
    They are the people who used megaupload the wrong way they are the ones that got it taken down it's their fault
    Now I understand you had content on there and that it down for you is completely wrong because you did nothing wrong
    But 1 right does not make all the wrong so much better
    Look at it this way if your a music artist and you made a song n you get paid for who buys your cds and the song on itunes then some people take the song m put it all over the internet for free you would be pissed you would want someone to take them down you just lost potential millions of dollars those people who do that are the ones on megaupload that the government wanted to stop but yeah they shoulda done it a different way
    but they can't because that's the last generation in the government they don't think freely and as openly as we do we voted them in we should of suspected this to happen and if you didn't vote which like me we are too fault we don't let our opinions get known to the government they will never know what we really want from them
    and I know you're gonna say oh look another patriot american but that's not who I am I'm just a guy who works plays video games and likes to go online and read some blogs and yours just caught my eye and I gotta say you're just taking this 1 issue too far okay so they took down megaupload why does no 1 else just used the 100,000 of their file share web sites that are just as good and their will always be another 1 to replace it it's the internet

    And that's really all I have to say

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin