Thursday, July 03, 2008

Plamo Updates


1/72 Alto's VF-25

I've been watching and enjoying Macross Frontier (it's really good, I recommend it), and the new Valkyrie fighters are awesome. Here we have Bandai's 1/72 scale VF-25 model kit, due out very soon (July?). Anyway, it's unusual for Bandai to be doing a 1/72 scale model, but it is very promising because at least the details will be set in with minimal paint requirements. The Hasegawa models were highly detailed in terms of paneling and overall look, but the color was completely white and the plastic was really flimsy. So yeah, good thing Bandai is coming up with one, I'm totally getting this one when it comes out.

Here is something that caught my attention. Unfortunately, no it's not an upcoming master grade release of the Tallgeese I. This is actually made out of the 1/100 Tallgeese III model kit. For those of you who don't know, the 1/100 Tallgeese III kit came with parts that allowed you to make any of the three Tallgeese mobile suits. The colors are by default Tallgeese III colors, so the painting and detailing would be left up to you. Here is an INCREDIBLE Tallgeese I model, made by FichtenFoo. You can find more of his work at FichtenFoo.com. The detail on this one is incredible, I could swear it's a master grade version of the Tallgeese. It would be an incredible addition to my collection, a pity I can't buy it from him or something...

Master Grade Shin Musha Gundam
A lot of buzz has been directed towards the latest in the Master Grade line. Here is the Shin Musha Gundam. It is essentially the RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.Ka in cool red samurai armour. It was released last month, and has been getting a lot of attention, probably because it looks really badass. I don't know, the highly detailed armour is definitely impressive, but it looks kind of out of place on a gundam. It still looks cool though, maybe if the head had some sort of helmet it would look complete. If I decide to buy it, I'll review it immediately.

1/100 Gundam Astraea Type-F
The recently released prototype of the Gundam Exia, Astraea Type-F. Honestly, the all-red color scheme is a bit awkward, and it's not too interesting overall. Red is unique, I guess, so it's worth taking a look at, at the very least.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin